What Are Cookies
Type of Cookies
- Session cookies: these are only stored on your computer during your web session and are automatically deleted when you close your browser – they usually store an anonymous session ID allowing you to browse a website without having to log in to each page, but they do not collect any personal data from your computer.
- Persistent cookies: a persistent cookie is stored as a file on your computer and it remains there when you close your web browser. The cookie can be read by the website that created it when you visit that website again. (You can delete these after your web session. See below for details).
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see below for details on how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies may affect the functionality of this website. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of the site. Therefore, it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
If you wish, you can also delete cookies already stored on your computer. To find out more about cookies and how to manage them click on the links below for your browser.
Firefox Cookies Information: Firefox Cookies Information
Internet Explorer: Internet Explorer
Chrome Cookies Information: Chrome Cookies Information
Safari Cookies Information: Safari Cookies Information
We may use the information we obtain from your use of our cookies for the following purposes:
- To recognise your computer when you visit our website: to improve the website’s usability. To provide you with a great experience on this site we provide the functionality to set your preferences for how this site runs when you use it. To remember your preferences, we need to set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you interact with a page is affected by your preferences.
- To analyse the use of our website: This helps us to develop and improve our website as well as products and / or services in response to what you might need or want.
- In the administration of this website
- To personalise our website for you.
- Forms related cookies: When you submit data through a form, such as those found on contact pages or comment forms, cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
Third Party Cookies
When you use our website, you may also be sent third party cookies. or service providers may send you cookies. They may use the information they obtain from your use of their cookies:
- This site uses Google Analytics to help us understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things, such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit, so that we can continue to produce engaging content.
- From time to time we test new features and make subtle changes to the way that the site is delivered. When we are still testing new features, these cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience whilst on the site, whilst ensuring that we understand which optimisations our users appreciate the most.
For further information about cookies visit: Wikipedia/cookies
This website is owned and operated by The Friends of Cressing Temple: Charity number 116643